100 Successful Cases - New Paediatric and Congenital Cardiac Surgery Unit
Mumbai, 25th May, 2016: Gudi Padwa is an auspicious day in the lives of many, and this day has been recorded in the calendar of SevenHills Hospital as the team and department of Paediatric and Congenital Cardiac Surgery have set yet another milestone in this domain.
Dr. Dipesh Trivedi, MS, MCh (CVTS), DNB (CTH), FRCS (Ed, UK), FRCS (Glasg. UK), joined SevenHills Hospital in September’15, as a Senior Consultant in the Paediatric and Congenital Cardiac Surgery Unit, and began to rebuild the unit right from the beginning of his tenure here.
Post his collaboration with the hospital, he began and continued conducting successful paediatric cardiac surgeries, marking the auspicious Gudi Padwa day (8th April, 2016) as the day when the 100th case was successfully completed.
Following are the statistics that he, along with his team, has managed to achieve in this short span of way lesser than a year.
• The cases include all ages, variety and complexities of Paediatric and Congenital Cardiac Surgery
• There is NO mortality in first 100 cases (No Deaths)
• Average Post Op ICU stay is 3.7 days
• Average Post Op Hospital stay is 7.4 days
• In these 100 cases, there was only one re-exploration for bleeding
• Majority of patients were extubated within the first 24 hours of surgery
Dr. Dipesh Trivedi and his team have dynamically handled the cases so far and have made everyone very proud. His vast experience and qualification in the field of Paediatric and Congenital Cardiac Surgery is highly commendable. Click here to view his profile in detail.