Designation : Paediatric and Congenital Heart Disease, Paediatric and Congenital Cardiac Surgery
Profile details :
• Dedicated exclusive Paediatric and Congenital Cardiac Surgeon
• Senior consultant Paediatric and Congenital Cardiac Surgery, SevenHills Hospital, Mumbai.
• M.Ch. cardiovascular and thoracic surgery residency at King Edward Memorial VII Hospital, Mumbai (1995-1998). University topper and passed M.Ch. cardiovascular and thoracic surgery, Mumbai University in July 1998 and D.N.B. Cardiothoracic Surgery, National Board of Examinations, New Delhi, in June 1998.
• 14 years experience in UK. 12 years training exclusively in Paediatric and Congenital Cardiac Surgery including ECMO, Mechanical Circulatory Support and Paediatric Heart and Lung Transplantation. Worked at major UK paediatric centres – Great Ormond Street Hospital, London, Freeman Hospital, Newcastle upon Tyne, Liverpool Children’s Hospital, Bristol Children’s Hospital etc.
• For 2 years, worked as Consultant Paediatric and Congenital Cardiac Surgeon in UK.
• For 3 years, worked as Senior Consultant Paediatric and Congenital Cardiac Surgery, Narayana Health Care. As a part of that, set up a complete new Paediatric and Congenital Cardiac Unit at Narayana Health Care, Ahmedabad. Started and supported active Paediatric and Congenital Cardiac Surgery Program at Narayana Health-MMI Hospital, Raipur. This hospital now offers full range of Paediatric and Congenital Cardiac Surgery.
• Last worked as Senior Consultant Paediatric and Congenital Cardiac Surgery, Narayana Health City, Bangalore, with additional continued support to above units.
• Surgical Expertise – Complete range of Paediatric and Congenital Cardiac Surgery
o Simple – ASD, VSD, Coarctation of Aorta, PDA etc
o Moderate Complex – Complete AV canal defects, BT Shunt, PA Band, Tetralogy of Fallot Repair, Pulmonary Atresia-VSD, Glenn, Fontan (TCPC), Single Univentricular Heart
o Complex Neonatal Cardiac Surgery – TGA – Arterial Switch, Norwood Procedure, Aortic Arch Repair, Truncus Arteriosus etc.
o Aortic Root Surgery and Ross Procedure
o Extra Corporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO), Mechanical Circulatory Support, Ventricular Assist Device, Heart and Lung Transplantation
• Mumbai University – Post-graduate merit scholarship
• University Topper – M.Ch – CVTS examination, Mumbai University
• Several presentations and publications in national and international meetings and peer reviewed journals
• Active teaching to medical students, paramedical staff, postgraduate trainees and junior surgeons